Re: including EOL and vulnerable software in Fedora

Charalampos Stratakis wrote:
> tox is THE main reason for multiple interpreters in Fedora.
>
> So no the comments are not contradictory but it seems there is a lack of
> (technical) understanding of the actual situation here, but I may be wrong
> here, so please correct me if you think so.
>
> tox is not just any package, so maybe it is not stressed out I guess from
> the original descriptions.

If no package is allowed to require the old Pythons (and IMHO, "Recommends:"
is "require"), that also applies to tox. If tox is allowed to recommend the
old Pythons, that invalidates the claim that they will never be dragged in
as dependencies. What tox uses the old Pythons for does not change anything
to the contradiction.

        Kevin Kofler