Re: PROPOSAL: Blocking the release is our only "big hammer" — let's add a softer one.

Hi,

On 05-10-16 20:30, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
On Wed, Oct 05, 2016 at 14:19:12 -0400,
 Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In any case, what do you all think?

I don't think the tracking side would be hard to do. What I'd like to hear about is how the list will work for getting bugs better fixed than bugzilla entries will? Is this something people paid to work on Fedora (or perhaps centos and rhel for bugs in common with Fedora) can use to change their work priorities? Are we going to hope that volunteers will be more likely to notice bugs on this list than bugzilla. Or perhaps we hope to recruit volunteers who wouldn't normally work on a package to help out for these important bugs? (There are some really good packagers who could help out almost
anywhere but obviously have limited time and can't help everywhere.)

Speaking for myself only here, my experience in the gfx team
is that there are so many bugs that I cannot see the forest
through the trees.

A list with issues which are not blockers, but only barely so
and it would be really really good to have them fixed,
would certainly be a list I would look at and see if there is
anything on there I can pick up.

So I like the idea, I do propose to simply re-use most of
the blocker bug process for this, rather then inventing yet
another process. I guess this could even be integrated and
the way to get bugs on the list would be to propose them
as blockers as normal and then during the blocker meeting
when the vote says "no this is not a blocker" a second vote
is done to see if it is a critical bug.

Regards,

Hans