Re: PSA: Do not run 'dnf update' inside GNOME, KDE or any other graphical desktop on Fedora 24

On Wed, 2016-10-05 at 06:18 -0700, Gerald B. Cox wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 8:30 PM, Adam Williamson <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > Querying the package database and installing new packages. A system
> > update, on the other hand, is...it's not *configurable*, really. You
> > say 'update my system, please!' and you get an updated system. That's
> > kind of it. I'm just struggling to think which of the 'features and
> > functionality' of dnf Gerald was talking about in the context of doing
> > a system update.
> >
> Adam, one of my favorite commands (which has kept me out of trouble) is
> "dnf history".  Chris
> posted some excellent links so I'm going to say more there.

Ah, that is a point: I *really really hate* that transaction history is
not shared between dnf and PackageKit, so 'dnf history' doesn't show
transactions that were run by pkcon or GNOME Software. That drives me
clean up the damn wall.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey