Re: F24, small backward steps

On Fri, 9 Sep 2016, Adam Williamson wrote:

2. fingerprint identification:

        The laptop has a fingerprint reader and it works fine.  However
I prefer not to use it. The user set up specifies that fingerprint login
is disabled.

        However whenever I am asked for a password the fingerprint
reader blinks until I swipe a finger over it (even after using a
password).

        No fingerprint is registered.

        This is different than F23 where it never blinked.

This you should probably file a bug on (against, I guess, gnome-shell?
But it depends a lot on the answer to my second question below...), but
with a bit more detail. What exactly do you mean by "The user set up
specifies that fingerprint login is disabled" - what "user set up" are
you referring to exactly? When exactly does this happen - more detail
on "whenever I am asked for a password". Thanks!

This happened to me too. I did not enable fingerprint based logins
(since half a dozen governments have my fingerprints) and whenever I
open my laptop or unlock the screensaver using a password, the green
fingerprint LED starts blinking. This did not happen on f23.

Paul