Re: i686 as secondary arch?

>>> These statistics do not cover package downloads of i686 packages which are
>>> part of the x86_64 repositories, do they?
>>>
>>> I think the numbers are also skewed by the fact that EPEL 7 is not available
>>> for i686, which is not of direct relevance to Fedora.  (The reason why it's
>>> missing is not lack of demand, but lack of a publicly available build root
>>> for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 on i686.)
>>>

>> Here is a graph for just Fedora OS from time immemorial of Fedora
>> using a 7 day moving average.
>>
>> https://smooge.fedorapeople.org/simple_stats/fedora-hardware-full-ma.png
>>
>> I hope this is helpful.. [I am working on ways to make this available
>> regularly but am up to my neck in spam accounts so don;'t expect
>> soon.]
>
> That doesn't seem to distinguish between "ppc" and "ppc64" at first
> glance, which I would think we'd want it to.  Particularly since "ppc"
> isn't a thing that has existed in installable form for a while now.

We haven't built ppc (ie the 32 bit variant) since Fedora 20 so for
the recent history of Fedora with editions it's also irrelevant.

> Further, it doesn't distinguish between "ppc64" and "ppc64p7", which
> are actually separate architectures in the koji sense.

Yes, but they're not distributed as a separate repo over all and it's
a handful of packages that are built as ppc64p7 (currently 19) and
we're working to kill it off entirely.