Re: Fedora development of Snap packages

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 2:12 PM, Ben Rosser <rosser.bjr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In my vision of the future, we'd ship flatpaks and friends as a supplement to, but not as a replacement of, RPMs. In fact, we'd go the other way. If some GUI application was install-able as a flatpak in Fedora, and there was someone interested in maintaining a downstream package, we would allow and encourage them to do so.

I would hope that would be the intent.  There have been times when I've wanted to install software that wasn't in the Fedora or 3rd party repository only to find that the vendor provides an apt package, not a rpm.  A snappy or flakpak would be extremely convenient in this instance.  If and when the software would be available in a Fedora or other repository, I believe that would be preferable.