Re: Koschei update

On Fri, 20 May 2016 09:10:58 -0600
Orion Poplawski <orion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I will just note that there definitely is a reasonable amount of
> churn in Rawhide that does tend to trigger notices of temporary build
> failures when say a soname was updated and dependent packages not yet
> built.  Personally I definitely appreciate the early detection of
> issues that koshei provides (and thanks again for a great tool), but
> I could imagine some people being annoyed.

I suppose thats true. Perhaps it could notify only after some time?
But then if it notified everyone after some time no one would be fixing
things.

> In some sense I think it's more important to be run for branched.
> Are the branched builds run against updates-testing?  or only updates
> + overrides? I'm thinking it would be better if it was the former.

I'm not sure koschei can do things differently here without additional
build targets. I think it has to do scratch builds against
base+stable+buildroot overrides just like any other build there would
do.

kevin