Re: Koschei update

On Thu, 19 May 2016 11:15:02 +0200
Mikolaj Izdebski <mizdebsk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Since I heard several requests about that, I will try to enable EPEL 7
> (in staging for now).  If it goes well then we can think about
> enabling EPEL 6 or Fedora branches too.

ok. Thanks. There are many fewer epel7 packages than Fedora.

> > Is there any reason these days not to enable it?
>
> There are some complains about Koschei's usage of Koji, so I wanted to
> be very careful with that.  But recently, thanks to Ralph Bean, a Koji
> feature was implemented [1] that should help mitigating the biggest
> problem I heard of.
>
> > Perhaps we could look into just mass enabling it for all packages
> > now?
>
> Perhaps yes, but...
>
> Some people are not interested in Koschei at all.  It has been in
> production for almost a year (and a few months more in Fedora cloud),
> but less than 1/3 packages are enabled [2]. Maybe it's a problem of
> awareness?

I think it's some awareness and some just lazyness.

If there's no cases people can think of where the information would not
be helpfull, perhaps we can just enable it for everything.

> I don't think we want to waste resources on rebuilding packages that
> no one wants to have in Koschei. Any packager, not only maintainer,
> can toggle Koschei flag in pkgdb2, so if someone wants they can just
> do it.

ok. I guess thats fair... perhaps we could enable it for a subset of
packages (ie all packages in important groups or something).

Something to ponder on.

kevin