Re: Koschei update

On 05/19/2016 10:52 AM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Thu, 19 May 2016 11:15:02 +0200
> Mikolaj Izdebski <mizdebsk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>> Perhaps we could look into just mass enabling it for all packages
>>> now?
>>
>> Perhaps yes, but...
>>
>> Some people are not interested in Koschei at all.  It has been in
>> production for almost a year (and a few months more in Fedora cloud),
>> but less than 1/3 packages are enabled [2]. Maybe it's a problem of
>> awareness?
>
> I think it's some awareness and some just lazyness.
>
> If there's no cases people can think of where the information would not
> be helpfull, perhaps we can just enable it for everything.

I will just note that there definitely is a reasonable amount of churn in
Rawhide that does tend to trigger notices of temporary build failures when say
a soname was updated and dependent packages not yet built.  Personally I
definitely appreciate the early detection of issues that koshei provides (and
thanks again for a great tool), but I could imagine some people being annoyed.

In some sense I think it's more important to be run for branched.  Are the
branched builds run against updates-testing?  or only updates + overrides?
I'm thinking it would be better if it was the former.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion@xxxxxxxx