Re: Unretire surf

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 11:36:54AM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> For the record, we do in fact have a policy on this:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/BugStatusWorkFlow#Priority_and_Severity
> I wouldn't exactly claim that it's universally followed, but it *is*
> there. I do still follow those rules for 'severity' when dealing with
> bugs, for whatever it's worth.

Isn't bugzappers officially defunct? It does seem like a reasonable
enough policy, for whatever that's worth.

> It is not in fact true that they "can be changed by anybody" (unless
> the BZ config has been changed in the last few years and I missed it,
> which is entirely possible). Only people with 'editbugs' privileges can
> change them. Lots of people have 'editbugs' privileges one way or
> another, though.

Just checked, and while that's true, anyone can set the _initial_
state, which is almost the same case.

> > Right now, our only real method for prioritizing bugs at the distro
> > level is the blocker and freeze exception process at release time.
> > It *would* be nice to have some _other_ general method, but no one has
> > put the time or effort into figuring out what one would be like (let
> > alone making or maintaining it).
> Yes they have. Several times! Unfortunately, no-one has ever stuck to
> it for very long.

Well, that's why I put the "maintaining it" part in there.

> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers is still there, blowing in
> the wind...that was the last one.

Yeah, looks like the last meeting was five years ago. It had a pretty
good run, though. :)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>