Re: F25 Self Contained Change: Replace UDisks2 by Storaged

On Fri, 15 Apr 2016 05:09:00 -0400 (EDT)
Bastien Nocera <bnocera@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hey,
> What are the additional dependencies compared to Udisks2?

None AFAIK: storaged itself should not pull anything else than udisks2 in
the current Rawhide.

> Would gnome-disk-utility, gvfs, etc. work as well as they used to without
> regressions when dropping in storaged, either on a running system, or when
> compiling against it?

Yes, such is the plan.

> Will bug fixes and enhancements to the common part between storaged and
> udisks2 be backported to udisks2?

I assume this is a question for the udisks2 developers.

> I'm fairly certain we don't want iSCSI binaries in the Workstation
> installation (we've been trying to get rid of the ones that Anaconda brings
> in already).
>
> I also don't see why ZRam is something 1) you'd want to have to configure,
> 2) that has its place in a storage API.

It's been put to the API because Blivet would like to use it from storaged
eventually. However you're right: this is something that the user may not want
to install and therefore the storaged-zram is a separate package. Same as
LSM, LVM2, iSCSI, bcache and BTRFS plugins. Of course the plugins have their
own additional dependencies.

Regards,
--
Tomáš Smetana