Re: F25 Self Contained Change: Replace UDisks2 by Storaged

On Fri, 2016-04-15 at 05:09 -0400, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> Hey,

Well, its a compressed bloc device residing in RAM - I can see various
use cases, not just the most frequent one (zram used as a swap device).
Some people for example use tmpfs for running builds, I guess zram
could be used for similar purposes, possibly enabling bigger builds
that take a bit longer than on tmpfs.

> 2) that has its place in a storage API.
Why is an API providing some additional functionality you are not going
to use in your specific usecase a problem ?

I'm sure glibc and kernel provide many API calls not directly used by
the default apps on the workstation and we are still using them...