Re: ZFS on linux

Reindl Harald <h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>> who is "Lawrence Livermore"?
>>
>> Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory is an organization founded by
>> the University of California to do research and development for
>> academic and government purposes. The US Department of Energy
>> commissioned them to port ZFS to Linux quite a long time ago[0], which
>> is the foundation of the current ZFS on Linux codebase.
>
> and they build a large, genral purpose, linux distribution?

Doubtless it doesn't count, but an old version of the LLNL HPC-oriented
GNU/Linux distribution which incorporates ZFS is at
<ftp://gdo-lc.ucllnl.org/pub/projects/chaos/5.1/SRPMS/>.  (I don't know
if the RHEL7-derived one is published.)  There's another from a US lab
that you may have heard of
<http://ftp2.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6x/>.

There is a distribution of Linux by a US corporation with CDDL modules
<http://yum.oracle.com/repo/OracleLinux/OL7/UEKR3/x86_64/index_src.html>
for their general purpose GNU/Linux distribution.

>> Please do some research before actually saying things
>
> likely i did much more research than you can even imagine long before
> that thread started

At least knowing about LLNL when sounding off about ZFS could stop
someone looking foolish.