Re: ZFS on linux

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 11:14 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

ZFS cannot be included in the GPL-licensed Linux kernel, because it is licensed under the GPL-incompatible CDDL

Harald, you missed the point.  We all understand it cannot be included in the kernel - we're talking about whether or not it can be included in the distribution.  Fedora already includes software that has incompatible GPL licenses... https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#GPLIncompatibleLicenses

In fact, the CDDL is an approved Fedora license:  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing:Main?rd=Licensing

Just because something is incompatible with the GPL doesn't in and of itself blacklist it from being included in the distribution.