Re: hibernation support - lack of distro-wide coordination between systemd, dracut, anaconda, pm-utils and maybe more?

Am 16.04.2015 um 14:31 schrieb Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek:
On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 08:55:06AM -0700, Andrew Lutomirski wrote:
- pm-utils DONE

retired in master

Is that good enough?  Should systemd obsolete it, too?  I thought the
whole point of this thread was that pm-utils was actively dangerous
now, so shouldn't we actively remove it from users' systems?

I wasn't dangerous, just confusing and obsolete. You raise a good point.
Nevertheless, systemd does not provide command-line compatiblity to pm-utils,
so I don't think we can obsolete it. Someone might be using it in their scripts,
etc.

well, and that is bad

back in the good old days replacements typically where commandline compatible and worked as drop-in replacement, these days people all day long are bothered with the new shiny things need work left and right from everybody and often the improvements are not worth the time wasted by thousands of people