Re: dnf replacing yum and dnf-yum

Am 07.04.2015 um 19:02 schrieb Marcin Juszkiewicz:
W dniu 07.04.2015 o 18:39, Ralf Corsepius pisze:

skip broken
- is pushing fedora users into chaotic situations.
- to cheat fedora users and to play down the "real problems".

In a perfect world skip-broken should not even exist.

In a perfect world all Fedora packages would be always installable. And
would not require users to use external repositories for whatever they need.

But we do not live in such one.

For me "--best" was a switch to tell which rpmfusion packages block
updates (solved with manual rebuild of mplayer and all dependencies for
f22)

but with such *defaults* you make the world *worser*

* dependencies may be broken only on specific setups
* the user don't take notice
* the user don't get a possible important update
* the user won't file a bugreport because he don#t know

when something on my system has problems *i ant to know* that and i can type --skip-broken at my own to get other updates *while* write a bugreport to get the other problem fixed