Re: Fedora.NEXT Products and the fate of Spins

On 30/01/14 03:45 AM, Josh Boyer wrote:

> The 'burden' they create on QA is precisely zero, as we explicitly do
> not block releases on spins other than desktop and KDE. I don't believe
> releng considers the spins much of a burden, either - it's more just
> that they don't like building and pushing out stuff that no-one's even
> done a sanity check on. However, we have several high quality spins that
> people *do* care about and *do* test: at least the desktop spins, but I
> know for e.g. finalzone puts a lot of work into the design spin.

QA does no testing of spins at all? If that's the case then I misunderstood. If QA does test, even if they don't block the release, it takes time and effort.

FYI, Design Suite directly uses default desktop spin (GNOME) template as the base with some configurations like app-folders and additions art and design related FOSS software. Are those really time consuming for testing?

--
Luya Tshimbalanga
Graphic & Web Designer