Re: Fedora.next in 2014 -- Big Picture and Themes

On 27 January 2014 13:06, Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 01/27/2014 05:36 AM, Ian Malone wrote:

>> does this mean there will be things unavailable on some 'products'
>> that are not on others?

> No.
>
> The Products will be defining an environment and a standard install
> set. They may have separate initial *installation* repositories if
> they need to provide different options to Anaconda, but beyond that
> the intent is for all of the Products to continue to draw from the
> same store of packages together.
>
> If (for example) we got ourselves into a situation where you couldn't
> install Fedora Server and then also install the GNOME desktop
> environment on that Server, this would be considered a major bug and
> one that we would need to reconcile immediately.

Cool. If I was to take this one step further then, an issue for Fedora
Jam is we were limited in the customisations the could be made for a
spin (e.g. defaulting users into certain groups to allow real time
audio). While there's not enough of the developer base to make it an
official product would there be a way to slot this into that
framework?

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk