Re: Snapshotting for rollback after updates was[ Re: Drawing lessons from fatal SELinux bug #1054350]

Am 27.01.2014 00:41, schrieb Chris Murphy:
> Great, well I'll tell you what. I will just keep living dangerously, and when I find a real world case of this, I'll file a bug. How about that?

do that, your problem

>> because nobody *can* know what exactly packages, versions are installed
>> in which combination or which *user specific* data may exist on exactly
>> the FS which is restored *additionally* to what the system sofware knows
>>
>> frankly you can have your kwallet or the files your browser stores
>> passwords you recently created and thought they are safe on exactly
>> that FS, and they *maybe* saved *between* upgrade, realize a problem
>> and restore the snapshot
>
> Oh for f's sake. And *maybe* the next time I take a shower I'll slip and fall

off-topic

you do not understand anything this theard is about so why not leaves us in peace?

> It's one of the best examples of why I prefer using OS X compared to Windows

then use it

>> nothing more to say about that topic because
>>
>> * i *never* won't do that
>> * i *never* would use LVM
>> * i *never* use BTRFS
>> * so my environment even does not support that snapshots
>
> Uh huh. So this is sort like a user coming onto this forum and talking trash
> about all of linux and Fedora and what all is broken and doesn't fit their use
> case or workflow at all, and then after 50 f'n emails they say they never use
> linux or Fedora

you do not understand the intention of that thread at all
so why you don't just listen and be quite?

> I think you having access to a computer with internet access is a bad idea

must be why i get paid for server-adminstration and security for a decade...
please bother the users-lists where i am no longer subscribed because people
like you leading to get upset again and again