Re: communications and community [was Re: Lack of response about sponsorship]

On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 11:57:06 -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> I am not saying shut-up but I am saying that I am confused by what you
> mean. First you seem to advocate more lists,

That could be a misunderstanding. Have I've phrased something very poorly.
Then please tell and give me a chance to try again.

> then you advocate less lists.

Correct. Less lists (or the same lists) and with a more well-defined
target group and description.

> First you advocate too much email then you want more communication. I am
> guessing, and I really mean guessing that you mean that you want more
> signal and less noise but I going to guess that for most of the people
> sending email to the lists they believe they are sending signal and not
> noise.. so what we need is to know more about what you (and eventually
> everyone else) means by signal for you.
>
> Does what I say help any to clarify my confusion?

"More signal less noise" doesn't cover it. I'd like to know what lists
to use for what.