Re: Lack of response about sponsorship

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 1:39 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dan Horák wrote:
>> I think it was me who promised to sponsor Peter. Being fully loaded
>> with other work I waited for seeing the plus set for the review flag.
>
> Well, the idea is that the sponsor is the one who sets the fedora-review+
> flag for the new contributor's first review. I know the process is often
> subtly subverted, but that was the original idea…

If this really is the consensus of the Fedora community, then I would
prefer that the guidelines on the wiki be specifically amended to
require this. IMHO the language in the guidelines is simply too vague
about this point.

Of course, this whole mailing list thread is about the lack of
sponsors' time and resources, and with that in mind, maybe such a
guideline change would be going in the opposite direction of where
Fedora needs to be. I don't good answer.

- Ken