Re: Red Hat and Fedora Working Groups

Quoting Jóhann B. Guðmundsson (2013-10-05 05:29:57)
> Shall we talk about how Red Hat employees have been granted all kinds of
> privileges within our community without as even bother to introduce
> themselves to the community even to the extent that fesco is now judging
> people if they are "socially ready" for proven packagers while Red Hat
> employees walk around and are granted those privileges freely?

Your vitriol is not appreciated

I want you to point out the person who got provenpackager privileges without
going through normal provenpackager process. I have personally seen (and voted
against) a few colleagues who wanted to get provenpackager (or sponsor)
permissions but didn't have enough experience IMO. As far as I know they are not
provenpackagers/sponsors.

If this really was a problem I know a lot of Red Hat employees would be as
unhappy about this inequality as you seem to be. But it's not...

You are actually insulting and attacking integrity of every sponsor (i.e. people
who actually vote for/against new provenpackagers).

I like Simon Phipps's quote "Corporations are not people". If you have a problem
with specific action taken by specific Red Hat employees: point it out! Do not
be generic or people will most likely write you off as another troll.

--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky@xxxxxxxxxx>
Software Engineer - Developer Experience

PGP: 7B087241