Re: Fedora Working Groups: Call for Self-Nominations

On 10/03/2013 05:42 PM, Mateusz Marzantowicz wrote:
On 11.09.2013 21:31, Matthew Miller wrote:

Introduction
------------

Based on discussions at and around Flock, the Fedora Project Board has
approved a proposal for a big change in the way we put Fedora together.
Rather than presenting one Fedora with multiple slightly-different
install options, future Fedora will be designed, developed, and promoted
as three separate products built around a common core.

To take that idea from talk to reality, we're making a corresponding
change to Fedora leadership. Each product will be guided by a Working
Group, which will function as an independent subcommittee of FESCo, (the
Fedora Engineering Steering Committee). FESCo will resolve issues which
impact multiple working groups, and the Fedora Board will continue to
set overall strategic direction, but the working groups will be largely
autonomous within their own areas.

The Groups
----------

We are creating a group for each of the three initial products the Board
has approved:

* Fedora Workstation
* Fedora Server
* Fedora Cloud

What about Fedora Embedded? Do you plan to drop ARM support on Fedora? I
can't match small credit card size devices with either Workstation,
Server or Cloud group. Is this group list fixed or could be extended and
on what basis?

Mateusz Marzantowicz

We just started to support ARM, I don't think we want to drop it. I guess those three products are currently most important and other products like Embedded should go into Spins category. At least for now.

Marcela