Re: F20 release name election?

On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 10:29 AM, Mathieu Bridon
<bochecha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> That begs the question: what if the elected word has received a very low
> score compared to the maximum possible?

Doesn't matter.

> That would mean that it received a very small support from our community,
> and in fact that the majority was either voting for no name or for none of
> the proposed names.

It would not mean that. You aren't voting for and against the choices,
you are expressing your relative preference as best you can. What it
would mean is that the voters preferred the one that got the most
support.

> If that happened, would we decide that Fedora would not be named, because no
> proposal managed to raise enough support?

If "None" was an option, which I think is a terrible idea, the only
thing you could conclude from it winning is the we preferred to not
have a release name in this election given the names on the ballot. It
would mean absolutely nothing about whether we as a community prefer
to not have release names in general. I think we just recently tested
that theory with a vote of questionable meaning and it was concluded
that we did prefer to keep them.

John