Re: Fedora as an crowd founded project an additional funding source to our sponsor

On 07/24/2013 05:02 PM, Jef Spaleta wrote:
So all you can do is gather the core metrics for utility use...
cpu/band/storage... and with those metrics in hand price what it would
take to build and run a koji builder in the public cloud as a starting
point and plan your initial crowdsourcing campaign

This is not a crowdsourcing campain ( as they are usually made up of ) this is something we would adapt,apply and build into the community platform.

around that pricing
expectation based on the resource burn metrics we can measure and
track. Start there. Figure out how to fund a builder that can handle a
share of peak load.

Agree that's one way of figuring out but ( share number of servers/cpu/storage ) honestly i would have thought the infrastructure team would already know this.

JBG