Re: F20 System Wide Change: No Default Sendmail

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 06:36:41PM +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> Let's not forget: this is not about removing software from the
> distro. This is just about removing it from the default install, since
> the current way it is set up by default it just eats up messages
> silently, with not indication of error and no useful tools installed to
> actually get the messages out of it again.
Instead of having MTA, I'd rather have tool that can collect and
show such "mails".  There are machines (like my and wife's
laptops) that are not supposed to send emails.  They doesn't even
have MUA installed.  All these emails are wasted and not being
rotated.

In 2013 you can't just start sending mails around with default
MTA settings, so not installing and MTA by default is a good
solution.

--
Regards,    --
Sir Raorn.   --- http://thousandsofhate.blogspot.com/