Re: F20 System Wide Change: No Default Sendmail

Le Sam 20 juillet 2013 21:14, Adam Williamson a écrit :

> I asked for evidence, not hypotheses. All you are currently doing is
> making an assertion, over and over and over and over again.

Pot, kettle

I'll add another one: desktop people have complained for years just like
you it was a legacy system and surely "something better" should replace
it. Yet the "something better" never materialized. When I had a disk go
wrong lately I was notified by the big ugly legacy system. I had *zero*
notification by all the "better" systems that were given as "evidence".
Because the "better" systems do not exist. None of the 'smtpd is legacy"
complainers have actually tried to solve the (remote) notification
problem, none of them actually understand the reliability and operational
constrains, or that being to define message routing (via aliases,
procmailrc, sieve, etc) and having solid queuing is integral to the
messaging stack fitness. Indeed the sole contribution to the notification
question by our default desktop has been to hide notifications since it
didn't really know what to do with them (and systemd killed the applet
that used to warn users when a service failed at startup)

So please do come back when there is some actual tangible progress on this
front.

--
Nicolas Mailhot