Re: delays between kernel builds and updates-testing

Am 28.06.2013 18:13, schrieb Josh Boyer:
>> if i install kernel from koji on several machines and
>> have a option to give karma if it works it would be in
>> any case a useful information for the maintainers which
>> is indepedent from what they desired intentionally
>
> You can always email us saying it works.  Or comment in the bugs the
> changelog says are fixed.

OK, if you are well with get a short e-mail what new kernel
build works on VMware ESxi as well as HP HP Compaq 8200/8300
i have no problem to do this

my setups covers a lot of usecases from web/mailserver up
to NAT/firewall/openvpn-routers between corporate networks

>> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=428473
>> does not have any security hint in the changelog
>
> Because 3.9.6, 3.9.7, and 3.9.8 don't have any security fixes.  If you
> look at the F17 update, the fixes were already in 3.9.5, which was in
> updates-testing already.  The update was edited to use the newer
> builds.  It inherits the update "type" from whatever the original
> setting was

hm that is a little bit bad, i get usually alarmed with the daily
cronjob below if i not see CVE's on the koji changelog, in both
cases on a boring evening i start testing often before you know
the build has yet finished :-)

what would be *really* helpful is a changelog-entry on top of
each build "security-update yes/no" referring to the build
before for the same fedora version, this would make it easy
to look which package is installed on the production machines
and decide if the build can be skipped or not, in any case
my two physical machines and testing VMware guests most
likely get it

[root@buildserver:~]$ cat /scripts/check-updates.sh
#!/usr/bin/bash
yum_output=`LANG=C; yum --enablerepo=updates-testing -q check-update --security 2> /dev/null`
echo $yum_output | xargs | sed 's/ updates//g' | tr -d '\n'

BTW:
3.9.8-100.fc17.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Jun 27 19:19:57 UTC 2013 has passed
all tests on top of VMware ESXi and 3.9.8-200.fc18 will hit my homeserver
within the next 20 minutes