Re: [emelfm2] remove vendor tag from desktop file. https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/247

On 03/06/2013 06:06 AM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
And rest assured, "dropping very old obsoletes" isn't controversial in general. That's my opinion. What's controversial is how to do it. It ought not be done with just a "clean up spec to follow current guidelines" entry. Point at a commit where you've dropped Obsoletes, and one could take a look. It would be a good habit to document dropped Obsoletes in a %changelog comment, for example.
Agreed but I just get a general feeling that some package maintainers don't really want others touching their packages. I haven't stopped doing the changes ( I don't commit daily but whenever I can run through a bunch of mock builds first) but I am going to be confining my changes to more obvious and clear issues and package maintainers can deal with the rest however they see fit and that would leave less room for complaints.

Rahul