Re: Should MariaDB touch my.cnf in %post?

On 02/17/2013 02:42 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

"which fool has written" was not and is not offending

in EVERY situation in real life the question to the quote you stripped
would have been clearly "Welcher Trottel hat dann die Feature-Page
geschrieben" in my native language, even if my boss himself did it
and even knowing that he did it i would ask him in this way

Well, the offense has to be gauged by the offendee, not by you---so when people consistently ask you to tone down, it behoves you to conform.

If you think the equivalent German expression 'Trottel' is not offensive, perhaps just use it? 'which Trottel has written' does indeed sound less offensive :)