Re: Gnome-shell workspaces

On 10/02/13 06:03 AM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
Olav Vitters wrote:
This has been addressed various times. In brief: Advanced buttons do not
work. They'll be clicked every time. Tweak tool provides a different
guarantee of stability. For instance: if you change an option in System
Settings and it results in a bug it must be fixed asap. At the same
time, the sloppy focus option in Tweak tool is known to have issues. And
to avoid misunderstandings: sloppy focus has less issues with every
release.

Having a separate "tweak tool" is a lame workaround for lack of settings in
the official tools. The only reason such "tweak tools" exist on proprietary
operating systems is because the proprietary companies don't want to
officially support some functionality, so you need a third-party tool to
enable the hidden settings. Having an "official tweak tool" is really really
silly.

Kevin, you work on a desktop which sufficiently represents your views. I think we're all aware that if we want fifteen thousand settings in the control panel, we can run KDE. Do you really believe you're going to convince the GNOME developers to turn GNOME into KDE with posts like the above? If not, what's the point of writing them? What do you expect your post to achieve?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey