Re: [@core] working definition for the minimal package set

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 04:07:16PM -0600, Chris Adams wrote:
> What makes rootfiles essential?  That's just overriding the defaults
> from /etc/skel with annoying aliases.

I think it should be at least "default" instead of mandatory.

> Is NM really required for "basic" networking?  If so, you probably don't
> need to specify some of the rest (such as dhclient) manually.  NM brings
> a bunch of deps I believe.

So far everything works without, and I think we should endevor to keep that
true.

> Also, I'd include ethtool, since you need it to configure NICs (although
> it may be pulled in as a dep).  IIRC it got dropped from a default
> install for one release (and that was annoying for me anyway).

Seems like a possible candidate to have default but not mandatory in core.
Nothing pulls it in.

> > - Configure additional partitions for the simple case
> >       e2fsprogs
> >       parted
> LVM?  I know it is a can of worms, but it has been the default for a
> long time now.

Automatically added by anaconda when the system has LVM.

--
Matthew Miller  ☁☁☁  Fedora Cloud Architect  ☁☁☁  <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>