Re: raising warning flag on firewalld-default feature

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 8:25 PM, Chris Adams <cmadams@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Once upon a time, Miloslav Trmač <mitr@xxxxxxxx> said:
>> - Much easier access to higher-level (and more efficient!) data
>> structures.  C programs frequently use linked lists instead of e.g.
>> hash tables simply because maintaining hash tables and the associated
>> memory allocation is just too complex.
>
> Hash table management was a part of my computer science core curriculum;
> it isn't _that_ hard.

Sure.  Now create a hash table indexed by a tuple, or for more
challenge by an unordered set of strings.  Or have all items of the
same type hashed by three different fields for fast lookups.

Can it be done?  Absolutely.
Will it be bug-free?  Probably not on the first try.
Do C programmers actually write such code?  So far as I have seen,
usually not; if something simpler and less efficient works for version
1, it stays that way until it is becomes a very noticeable bottleneck.
    Mirek