Re: Anaconda is totally trashing the F18 schedule (was Re: f18: how to install into a LVM partitions (or RAID))

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Vratislav Podzimek
<vpodzime@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-10-31 at 10:33 +0100, drago01 wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Vratislav Podzimek
>> <vpodzime@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > 6 months are a too short time. And it was less than 6 months. As can be
>> > seen from the F18 release schedule [1], originally it was about 3 months
>> > between the day F17 was released and the day new Anaconda was expected
>> > to work (F18 Alpha release).
>>
>> Sure in that case you shouldn't have propose it for F18 to begin with
>> but take your time and introduce it in F19. There is no need for this
>> rush.
> I don't see any advantage in that, because it would end up the same as
> with F17 and F18. We don't do only changes we want to do and we come up
> with. As many other packages change these changes have to be reflected
> in Anaconda [1]. And that's the work that has to be done no matter we
> want/need to focus on the redesign/rewrite or not.

Not buying that .... anaconda is not the only package that interacts
with others.

You can have a newui branch where you rewrite things (you could also
provide images for people to test) while having the working version in
a stable branch,
Once newui is feature complete it can be moved to stable.