Re: systemd requires HTTP server and serves QR codes

On Tue, 09.10.12 14:41, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" (johannbg@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

"|CHANGES WITH 194: * If /etc/vconsole.conf is non-existent or empty
we will no longer load any console font or key map at boot by
default. Instead the kernel defaults will be left intact. This is
definitely the right thing to do, as no configuration should mean no
configuration, and hard-coding font names that are different on all
archs is probably a bad idea. Also, the kernel default key map and
font should be good enough for most cases anyway, and mostly
identical to the userspace fonts/key maps we previously overloaded
them with. If distributions want to continue to default to a
non-kernel font or key map they should ship a default
/etc/vconsole.conf with the appropriate contents."
Note that this change has next to zero effect on Fedora, since we pass
the font/map via the kernel cmdline anyway.

I was referring to the new kernel parameter supposed to be used and that applications, admins and users a like should be using /etc/vconsole.conf instead of /etc/sysconfig/i18n

Seriously Lennart how many users do you think are aware of that now when we have barely manage to go through localization bugs in F18 which may or my not be a direct result of this "next to zero effect on Fedora" that this is the way to go?

JBG

*cough* upgrades *cough*