Re: Rawhide boot problems

On Fri, Sep 07, 2012 at 20:43:23 +0000,
  "\"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson\"" <johannbg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As you know we ( QA Community ) want all the testing to be focused on the release we are about to push out the door and we would like ( and some expect ) that maintainers are keeping the same focus and give what time they have to address the bugs we find in the process as Lennart has correctly pointed out.

While QA is focused on testing for the next release, other testing is still useful. For example testing updates-testing packages for already released versions of Fedora is important. Even testing updates-testing stuff for branched (as opposed to say test / RC composes) is useful as it can keep bad stuff from being pulled in, rather than catching it after the fact.

Now that to me the begs the question with our short release cycles do we have any numbers on how many maintainers have the time to be working on both and are those maintainers that do have that time actually taking advantage of the current model in place?

It may be the case that some maintainers are actively working on changes in the branch release while a different set of maintainers are working on changes for the next release. It may be hard in some cases for maintainers to work on big changes for both branched and rawhide at the same time, but I expect in many cases two different sets of changes don't hit the same package (or set of packages) at the same time in branched and rawhide.