Re: Rawhide boot problems

On 09/07/2012 11:48 AM, Lennart Poettering wrote:
Humm. I don't agree with this. As long as F18 is unreleased Rawhide will
be basically untested and I also wonder what testing it at this point
would bring, given that it right now is mostly F18 and very far from
F19, so why not test the real F18 where we need all testing focussed
anyway?

Fedora 18 is basically closed for new feature work, and instead the focus needs to be on integration of the existing feature set and bugfixes. But as you state there is a large amount of time before F18 releases, which means new feature work would have to stall out for months. Instead, new feature work can begin for F19 and get ahead of the game. That's why F18 and F19 are divergent. That's why we went from a single line of development to two.

--
Help me fight child abuse: http://tinyurl.com/jlkcourage

- jlk