Re: *countable infinities only

On Tue, 19 Jun 2012, Adam Williamson <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, 2012-06-19 at 17:49 -0400, Jay Sulzberger wrote:

Henrik, I will respond to your claims, if you will answer me one
question first:

  As you know, for over a decade Microsoft included in every EULA
  for its home computer OSes, a "Refund Clause".  The clause
  stated that if the buyer of the computer never booted the
  already installed Microsoft OS, that the buyer would get a
  refund for the unused Microsoft OS.  For all that time Microsoft
  refused to give a refund when the claim was made.  Indeed a few
  people got refunds, but in most cases, people who complied with
  the terms of the Refund Clause did not get a refund, due to
  Microsoft's direct refusal.

  Do you condone, or consider as negligible, this long continued
  abuse by Microsoft?

Please stop bringing this up. It has nothing to do with the current
situation. I cannot see any relevance at all in any reply Henrik might
give to your question. It sounds more like you're just taking it upon
yourself to decide whether you consider people to be more sympathetic to
Microsoft than you would like.

If you have a reply to Henrik's points that you think it would benefit
everyone to see, then post it. If you don't, don't. It seems
presumptuous to demand his position on a different issue before you
continue the conversation.
--
Adam Williamson

Thanks, Adam, I will attempt to avoid engaging Gerald Henriksen
further on this list regarding this topic.

ad your claim that the EULA fraud is unrelated to Microsoft's
abuse of the UEFI: Of course, the EULA fraud and the UEFI fraud
of "SecureBoot" (when it is Microsoft's kernel that is booted)
are part of the same campaign to end free software.

I will also not engage you further in this topic, beyond, I hope,
posting a general summary of my positions on this nexus of
difficulties.

Thanks, Adam, for posting and expressing your position so
clearly.

oo--JS.