Re: Default image target size [Was:Re: Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2012-06-18)]

On Tue, 2012-06-19 at 19:16 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> > "The term 'release-blocking desktops' should be understood to mean all
> > the desktop environments in which bugs are currently considered capable
> > of blocking a Fedora release. The current set of release-blocking
> > desktops is GNOME and KDE."
>

> The reason for KDE being there is for historic reason at least that what
> was mentioned when we in QA discussed this and you yourself are well
> aware of the times we have had to make a chose should we block the
> release for something that is not considered the "default" or should we
> not.
>
> The board has yet to clarify what categorizes them as release blocking
> desktops for other *de and spins to be able to reach that status and
> probably as well what is required for other spins to get a place on the
> official dvd as well along with Gnome and KDE.
>
> The reason that KDE is there in the first place was probably done at the
> time to calm down the community without having to remove the "default"
> label and the project has evolved quite a much since then as in we have
> significantly more amounts of spins then just KDE and Gnome.
>
> In any case Kevin K. probably can comment on what landed the KDE
> distribution on the Relengs DVD and on the release blocker in the first
> place.

Sure. The process needs some cleaning up. But my point is that there is
no confusion about the actual facts of the current situation: KDE and
GNOME are considered to have equal status as far as release validation
is concerned.

Note that Xfce, LXDE and Sugar are all also on the DVD at present.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey