Re: Default image target size [Was:Re: Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2012-06-18)]

On 06/19/2012 07:00 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
"The term 'release-blocking desktops' should be understood to mean all
the desktop environments in which bugs are currently considered capable
of blocking a Fedora release. The current set of release-blocking
desktops is GNOME and KDE."

The reason for KDE being there is for historic reason at least that what was mentioned when we in QA discussed this and you yourself are well aware of the times we have had to make a chose should we block the release for something that is not considered the "default" or should we not.

The board has yet to clarify what categorizes them as release blocking desktops for other *de and spins to be able to reach that status and probably as well what is required for other spins to get a place on the official dvd as well along with Gnome and KDE.

The reason that KDE is there in the first place was probably done at the time to calm down the community without having to remove the "default" label and the project has evolved quite a much since then as in we have significantly more amounts of spins then just KDE and Gnome.

In any case Kevin K. probably can comment on what landed the KDE distribution on the Relengs DVD and on the release blocker in the first place.

JBG