Re: Default image target size [Was:Re: Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2012-06-18)]

On 06/19/2012 04:19 PM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
So we'd like to hear from rel-engs, QA etc. what's theirs position
here.

First and foremost each SIG sets and choose what is on the spin they ship so if you dont want to ship the bloat that gets added with the "MiniDebugInfo" then simply don't atleast afaik now there is nothing forcing spins to ship something that they don't want to.

With my QA hat on I can tell you that we test components that make up the spin(s) but do not care anything about the size of the spins nor should we since as I said before that decision should be made/handled by the SIG since they are the ones creating the spins to suit *their* target audience as best as they can.

And given that releng is a community service like QA I guess the only concern they might have if there are enough resources available to host the spin...

JBG