Re: *countable infinities only

On Jun 18, 2012, at 11:21 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 18.06.2012 19:18, schrieb Adam Williamson:
>
>> I hesitate to put words in people's mouths, and correct me if I'm wrong,
>> but it reads to me as if Jay and others are arguing from an incorrect
>> That premise is to assume that there is a God-given right for
>> people who own computing devices to retrofit alternative operating
>> systems onto those devices.
>>
>> I want to put it out there that this is _not true_
>
> it is true
>
> i buy a computer
> i do not rent it
> i pay money, i own teh device after giving my money

Yes but you might own a device that disallows by design applying an alternative OS.  You don't have a right to own a device that allows by design applying an alternative OS. If you agree to terms of use that proscribe the means by which you'd apply or use an alternative OS, then you're violating the agreement. So you kinda need to know what you're buying before you own it.

Chris Murphy