Re: *countable infinities only

Am 18.06.2012 15:30, schrieb Seth Johnson:
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 9:23 AM, Matthew Garrett <mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 09:20:05AM -0400, Seth Johnson wrote:>
>>> It's apparently difficult to recognize Jay's argument, immediately
>>> above.  Jay did not say you currently cannot get an ARM key.  I did
>>> not present an argument in my comment.
>>
>> "What if, as has already happened with ARM, Microsoft refuses to grant
>> Fedora a special key?"
>>
>> As far as I can tell, Jay did say we currently cannot get an ARM key?
>

> I stand corrected.  Jay's point is that Microsoft will be in a
> position to change policy, on either platform.  That could happen once
> it is in a position to do so.

EXACTLY this is the problem

and wre are playing them in the hands

* NOW secure boot is optional on x86
* we support it with the MS keys
* the next HW generation my have it mandatory
* the argument for make it mandatory may be "see, even free OS has no problem"

who can make sure that we get forever keys from MS?

if we take opensource and free software  seriously we should not do
anything to bring MS or any other single company in a position
making us depending on their goodwill over the long