Re: *countable infinities only

Once upon a time, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler@xxxxxxxxx> said:
> Personal computing has existed for years without "Secure" Boot and the
> purported "security problem" has never been a practical issue.

You must not have customers running Windows; today's malware is very
good at hiding.  Secure Boot is something large IT departments will
welcome because they can lock down systems to protect against such
malware much better (I expect some larger departments to even remove the
Microsoft key and only have their own in their systems, signing tested
updates themselves).

I expect the only reason there haven't been similar kernel/boot loader
attacks from Linux rootkits is that it is more difficult because of the
wide variations between distributions (and large number of updates to
handle even with a distribution).

Is it perfect?  No, of course not.  No security method is.  You do
everything in layers and try to reduce your exposure at each step.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams@xxxxxxxxxx>