Re: *countable infinities only

On Jun 1, 2012, at 6:15 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> Chris Murphy wrote:
>> b.) Disabling Secure Boot entirely for both operating systems.
>>
>> That outcome is inherently user hostile on both counts.
>
> I don't see how "b" would be hostile, at all, given that Matthew Garrett
> (who has the insider information) says that Window$ 8 will boot just fine in
> that situation. So disabling Restricted Boot is actually the best thing a
> user can do to him/herself

Your renaming of the feature is quaint, but belies acceptance of the problem the feature attempts to solve. You have an uphill road to demonstrate the problem is inconsequential, or that there are better alternatives. And the UI for many implementations may require a square dance with a dog, a pig and a pony under a full moon, and yes I'd consider that at least somewhat challenging if not outright hostile.

Chris Murphy