Re: [FC2] OT - Desert Combat F-16 bug

Shockwave wrote:

I am heading towards that in my case. My view will be that the server code is written expecting something that 2.4.xx gives FPU wise and 2.6.xx gives differently. The code is closed sourced? If it isnt it would be interesting to find out where it is goofy now.. because it might affect other people doing scientific code who assume that their code works on 2.4 it will work smae on 2.6

I agree that this has implications in areas other than this game server
code, but the game engine code is closed sourced.  I could write
Electronic Arts and ask them, however I don't expect they will care to
listen.  They never replied to any of my email when I wrote them asking
for non-proprietary information to develop some anti-cheat code to help
the gaming community so I don't expect them to care now when their
proprietary code is involved.  I can try, but I think I would need some
fairly strong arguments and perhaps the backing of someone else who
isn't the leader of a competitive gaming team.  If it had an impact on
homeland security...maybe they'd help...maybe.  ;)

I think that in that case, you will be wanting to maintain a FC1/ 2.4.xx box until EA decides that a 2.6.xx version is needed. I would drop them an email letting them know about it anyway.

In the meantime, if anyone is interested in seeing what I am talking
about with the F-16, here are some links to a few images:

http://www.clan-tf20.com/uploads/ps/F-16_bug1.JPG
http://www.clan-tf20.com/uploads/ps/F-16_bug2.JPG
http://www.clan-tf20.com/uploads/ps/F-16_bug3.JPG

Looks like soft sand to me ;). The F-16 was never known to deal with anything but hard-top.

=

-- Stephen John Smoogen smoogen@xxxxxxxx Los Alamos National Lab CCN-5 | PH: 4-0645 Ta-03 SM-1498 MailStop B255 DP 10S Los Alamos, NM 87545