Re: [FC2] OT - Desert Combat F-16 bug

Shockwave wrote:
On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 11:03, Jakub Jelinek wrote:

You can e.g. unpack FC1 glibc into some subtree and run the game against
that glibc instead.
1) make sure vdso=0 is passed on the kernel command line
2) mkdir ~/fc1glibc; cd ~/fc1glibc; rpm2cpio ~/glibc-2.3.2-101.4.i686.rpm | cpio -id
3) run the game with
~/fc1glibc/lib/ld-linux.so.2 --library-path ~/fc1glibc/lib /the/game arguments

You can also try booting 2.4 kernel instead of 2.6 one.

Jakub

Thank you very much for the information.  I'm certainly learning a lot
along the way.  :)

I edited grub.conf to use the new parameter, rebooted, then used sysctl
to verify it took effect.  Then I performed the rest of the steps you
mentioned, started the server, and unfortunately the problem is still
there.  I made sure to try both builds of the executable as well.  Aside
from the possibility the kernel is to blame, could there be other
libraries native to FC1 that I may need?  Perhaps the reason it still
isn't fixed is because the virtual FC1 environment is not complete in
some way.

Looking at the other libraries you are going to need the ncurses rpm also installed in that tree.

I would also check via lsof that the program is running with just those libraries. I would also try the last FC1 2.4.x kernel.

-- Stephen John Smoogen smoogen@xxxxxxxx Los Alamos National Lab CCN-5 | PH: 4-0645 Ta-03 SM-1498 MailStop B255 DP 10S Los Alamos, NM 87545