Re: on /etc/sysconfig

On Mon, 18.07.11 15:13, Simo Sorce (simo@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> On Mon, 2011-07-18 at 20:57 +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > On Mon, 18.07.11 20:54, Michał Piotrowski (mkkp4x4@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> >

> > > Hi,

> > > Generally speaking I like the idea of dropping /etc/sysconfig. I think
> > > the right way it keeping minimal, standardized configuration in
> > > /etc/services.conf/ or something like that.
> >
> > No. There is no need for a directory that replaces /etc/sysconfig. It's
> > borked. If a daemon has not configuration file but should have one, then
> > fix the daemon, don't fake a configuration file.
>
> Some daemons cannot be "fixed", get over with this mantra that daemons
> need be fixed Lennart.

Hmm? Which ones in fedora can't? Are you suggesting we are shipping
software that cannot be modified? If so, please explain which one that
is, since we need to remove it from the distro then. Fedora only
includess Free Software, and software that cannot be modified would not
qualify as that.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.