Re: on /etc/sysconfig

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 09:16:13PM +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
<SNIP>
> Hmm? Which ones in fedora can't? Are you suggesting we are shipping
> software that cannot be modified? If so, please explain which one that
> is, since we need to remove it from the distro then. Fedora only
> includess Free Software, and software that cannot be modified would not
> qualify as that.
>
> Lennart
<SNIP>

What about /etc/sysconfig/network and /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/
... where would be a more appropriate location for those? Not saying
there isn't one, just wondering what the logical progression would be
since that's not really a daemon so much a munge of scripts and config
files that handle network bits... similar question for others like that
which have "service" entries in /etc/init.d/ but aren't actually daemons.

-AdamM