Re: fedpkg build version numbering discrepancy

Hello,

> > mandatory.  I pushed the tar file in
> > same time as spec to GIT, koji was smart enough to forgive
> > my error.
> >
> > So I can work one way or the other...
> > right?
>
> While it will technically work, uploading tarballs and other binaries
> to git is a bad idea.  git behaves very badly with larger files such
> as 524 KB tarballs because they clutter or obfuscate commit diffs and
> they remain in the repository's history forever, making every clone of
> the git repository take substantially more time and network traffic to
> create.  So if at all possible, please do not upload your tarballs to
> git, but rather use the sources file.
	Agreed, make sense...

> --

A bientÃt
Jean-Marc Pigeon                                   Internet: jmp@xxxxxxx
SAFE Inc.                                          Phone: (514) 493-4280
                                                   Fax:   (514) 493-1946
        Clement, 'a kiss solution' to get rid of SPAM (at last)
           Clement' Home base <"http://www.clement.safe.ca";>